IMIDA trains agricultural technicians in the assessment of damage caused by climatic risks in agricultural plots.
IMIDA, Murcian institute for agricultural and environmental research and developmentl and partner of the Climalert project has given the course “Application of the Geographic Information Systems – QGiS – in the agricultural regional offices”.
It is a training addressed to the technicians of the Agricultural Regional Offices (OCAS) of the Region of Murcia in which the basics of the QGiS software as well as the geoservices (OGC services) of the ClimAlert project have been presented in order to assess damages due to climatic risks in agricultural plots.
In addition, the Climalert project and its objectives were also presented and a didactic guide on the use of the software that is being developed within the framework of the aforementioned project was distributed.
Objectives of the course:
- General handling of the QGiS software for spatial analysis after learning the methodology and vocabulary proposed for raster and vector.
- Use of the QGiS tool with the OGC services of the ClimAlert project to be able to assess damages due to climatic risks in agricultural plots.
- Use of QGiS for the assessment of other damages produced by variables with spatial component and the problems that arise in their daily activity.
- FIRST STEPS WITH QGIS
- ATTRIBUTE TABLES
- INTERPOLATIONS AND CREATION OF RASTER DATA
- GIS SERVICES
- GEOPROCESSING. Tools to “operate” with geometries
- CASE STUDY FOR CLIMATE HAZARD DAMAGE ASSESSMENT: frost, torrential rain and hail